Monday, December 14, 2009

Feet as hands

If you've ever seen The Last King of Scotland a movie about Ugandan dictator from 1970s Amin, you might get my reference (feet as hands). I'll never get that image out of my head.

Anyway, I reference that as we've been using feet as a proxy to hands. I can't stop thinking now of how odd feet are, even from the perspective of studying the human form. I know humans tend to think of their bodies as the highest form of evolution or divine design. The more I think about the body, the more it's structures and organs seem just so goofy, so laughable, so alien. Maybe this is in contrast to my original concept, maybe this is just part of my process. Whatever it is, I'm going to embrace that feeling for now.

Heres to a hand that could have been a foot

And moreover, here's to trying to define the face I wake up next to every morning. There's something really scary to me about drawing someone I know so well. Here's to trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment